Below is some information as too why this unit is necessary and our recommendations.
You must use a single capture card device within an enclosure box as opposed to a single capture card for multiple cameras for a few reasons:
- Capture cards are externally powered, and a single computer cannot power more than a few capture cards or external devices simultaneously.
- The computer you are utilizing likely does not have enough external ports to support multiple capture card inputs
- Generally, it's more convient to have the single unit, with a single input into the computer when needing to setup, breakdown, and transport your setup.
- Blackmagic Design DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder Capture Card
- Magewell Pro Capture Quad HDMI Card (4 Channel)
- Blackmagic Design DeckLink Duo 2
- Magewell Pro Capture Quad SDI Card (4-Channel)
Our suggested capture card enclosure box is the Sonnet Echo Express models. See below our recommendations:
This will also determine which capture card you would need to look at above.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (859)-215-7979 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.