Before the event you would like to stream, you will need to set up your broadcast with BlueFrame.
Note: To make the process on the event day easier, you can create all your broadcasts for the week/month/season in advance.
Go to vcloud.blueframetech.com, click on the “Media” tab and select “Broadcasts”
- If you do not know what your login information, please give us a call at (855)812-2740 or email us at support.blueframetech.com
- Next, click “Operations” near the top right corner and select “Create Broadcast”
On the “Create Broadcast” page, you will be able to fill in the information for your broadcast i.e. section, title, date, time, contact information etc.
- Toward the middle of the page you will need to click “Alternate Sources” and select “RTMP” from the dropdown menu
Scroll to the bottom and click “Create"
- If creating more than one broadcast, repeat steps 1-4 until all your broadcasts are created
If you wanted to set up all your football (for example) broadcasts from the season, you can use the “Clone Broadcasts” feature
- After you click “Create” on your first broadcast (the one you want to clone), your screen will refresh and have the green banner at the top
To the right of the green banner, select the “Operations” button, then “Clone This Broadcast”
- This will bring up a new window, the information in the form will appear the same with “(Backup)” in front of the title
- You can now rename the title to correlate with another game in the season
- Be sure to click “Alternate Sources” and reselect “RTMP”
- Click “Create” and repeat the process until all your football broadcasts are created
- Once the page refreshes, select “Click here to return” in the green banner at the top. This will take you to the “Manage Broadcasts” page
Find the broadcast in which you are about to stream and click the magnifying glass icon on the right-hand side
- Note: You must complete the following steps within one hour of your scheduled broadcast time. Otherwise, you will receive an authentication error message
- If you are creating a new broadcast and trying to stream it immediately, you will need to wait 10 to 15 minutes for our servers to get ready for the broadcast
On the “Broadcast Details” page, you should find the RTMP information underneath the video player box
- Leave this page open. You will need to copy and paste the RTMP host and stream name into XSplit momentarily
- Next, open XSplit and login
Select your video and audio sources
- Click “Add,” “Devices (webcam, capture cards…),” “Video” and then select the video type you are using
- Click “Add,” “Devices (webcam, capture cards…),” “Audio” and then select the audio type you are using
- At the top of the window, select “Outputs,” click “Set up a new output” and click “Custom RTMP”
This will bring up a new window where you can input the information from the broadcast you are wanting to stream
- The “Name” of your broadcast of XSplit does not have to match the “Name” on vcloud.blueframetech.com; However, doing so could help you stay organized
On the BlueFrame web page you have opened, click the paperclip at the end of the “Host” to copy that information
- Next, paste that information into the “RTMP URL” box on XSplit
Back on the BlueFrame web page, you will copy the “Stream Name” box
- Now paste this information in the “Stream Name” box on XSplit
- Once you have the Name, RTMP URL and Stream Name filled in on XSplit, you can click “Okay”
- Now your broadcast is ready to go. Once you are ready to go live, you can select the broadcast from the “Output” menu at the top
Once you go live, you will be able to refresh the same BlueFrame page you copied information from and watch the video live
- Note: This same video player will also be embedded on your City Link website
- To end the broadcast, simply select the broadcast from the “Output” menu again
Your broadcast will automatically archive after an hour of being stopped. However, you can archive the video yourself
- Click the back button on the BlueFrame page with the video player. This will take you back to the “Manage Broadcasts” page
- You will see that your broadcast is now listed as stopped
- Click the the pencil icon to edit this broadcast
Scroll down to the “Status” section and change it from stopped to achieved
- Note: A red warning box will appear just to let you know that you are about to archive the broadcast and will no longer to able to stream to this broadcast
- Scroll to the bottom and click save
- Your broadcast has now been achieved and will now be available to view in the on demand section on your page
To follow along as Josh walks you through these steps, please watch our YouTube video here.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (855) 812-2740 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.