Below is an example image of a simple Production Truck setup and the necessary equipment. Additionally, there are explanations as to the purpose of each piece.
- Camera - captures video of the event.
- HDMI/SDI cable - video content of camera travels along the cable to the Capture Device
- Capture Device - transforms the video signal from the camera and into a format the computer can understand
- Thunderbolt - powers and transmits the signal from the Capture Device to the computer, this is Mac specific.
- USB Cable - transmits the signal from the Audio Mixer to the computer, this is optional.
- Audio Mixer - allows for the capture of multiple audio signals and audio from headsets for commentary, this is optional.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (859)-215-7979 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.