Below is an example image of a simple Production Truck setup and the necessary equipment. Additionally, there are explanations as to the purpose of each piece.
- Camera - captures video of the event.
- HDMI cable - video content of camera travels along the cable to the Capture Device
- Capture Device - transforms the video signal from the camera and into a format the computer can understand
- Thunderbolt - powers and transmits the signal from the Capture Device to the computer, this is Mac specific.
- USB Cable - transmits the signal from the Audio Mixer to the computer, this is optional.
- Audio Mixer - allows for the capture of multiple audio signals and audio from headsets for commentary, this is optional.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (855) 812-2740 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.