- First, you’ll need to go to Facebook and select the page or group that you would like to stream your live event with.
- At the top of your home page, you will see a tab called Publishing Tools. Click this.
1.Click Videos on the left hand side of your page.
2. This will display your video library, at the top of your video library, you have two options, Upload and Live. Click Live.
3. The image below will appear. Copy the entire server or stream URL and get ready to paste it into your BlueFrame broadcast. The way we will split this up on BlueFrame’s end is as follows -
- On your broadcast creation page, go down to Syndication, and Create an RTMP Push End Point. Simply cut out the pieces from the long URL you copied into the corrected field on BlueFrame’s broadcast creation page. The first portion rtmp-live-api.facebook.com will always go into the HOST field. The port will always be 80, and the application will always be rmtp. On new events, you WILL need to change the stream name, the long string of numbers at the end of the Server URL. This is also known as the Stream Key in the Facebook picture above.
- Once this information is typed in correctly, go to the bottom of the broadcast creation page and click CREATE. Now when you start your BlueFrame stream in Production Truck, it will simultaneously begin sending the video stream to Facebook Live. Remember to click GO LIVE on Facebook after you start you BlueFrame broadcast, and to end the broadcast on Facebook after you've stopped in PT. There is also an option for an automatic start where it will go live automatically at your set start time. Be careful though as this can start pushing video from your Test Mode content that may include video or audio that you don't wish to be public.
!! VERY IMPORTANT !!
When you create a broadcast event on Facebook you MUST go live within 10 minutes of your scheduled start time. If you fail to start in that window of time, Facebook will delete your broadcast event.
- Create your broadcast from your YouTube account. Click your account and Creator Studio to begin this process.
- On the left hand side of your creator studio page click “Live Streaming”, and then “Events”
- On the Events page, choose Create Live Event at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Fill in your desired time, date, and title and create your event and click custom
- The next page is the ingestion management page for this specific live stream. In order to allow PT to stream to this event, you’ll need to go to select encoder, and select other encoder
- YouTube’s integration is split up slightly differently compared to FaceBook. Below is the template and some screenshots of an example. Copy the Stream Name and the Primary Server URL to past into BlueFrame’s broadcast creation page.
STREAM NAME = Stream Name
- On your broadcast creation page, go down to Syndication, and Create an RTMP Push End Point. Past the Stream Name from YouTube into Stream Name on BlueFrame’s end. The host will always be “a.rtmp.youtube.com” and the application will always be “live2”. Make sure if you are creating a new event for BlueFrame and YouTube that you are using the correct Stream Name.
8. Click CREATE at the bottom of the broadcast creation page. Now when you start your BlueFrame stream in Production Truck, it will begin sending video data to your YouTube event. You WILL need to send the broadcast live from YouTube's end, and click to end it.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (855) 812-2740 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.