General Pay-Per-View Resolution Notes
Generally, PPV viewers are calling about one of three issues:
- How do I buy?
- Technical Difficulties with the broadcast or Game Delays (during tournaments)
- User errors or bad user technology/software/applications
Here are a few tips for each of the problems that a viewer would run into.
Viewer Asks: How do I Buy?
You will need to direct them to the site and broadcast that they are looking to purchase. For the NJCAA, the website is NJCAATV.com. For the MIAA it is TheMIAANetwork.com
Viewer Says: Why didn't the broadcast start on time?
Verify that the broadcast should have gone live at the time they are claiming. Check with the producer to see if it has been delayed or if they are having technical difficulties. If a significant amount of game time is missed due to technical difficulties, refund the viewer for the amount paid.
Viewer Says: The stream is not working, I can't see it
Verify that the stream is indeed working, and then follow the steps below for viewing on different devices.
- It is recommended to use an updated version of Google Chrome for optimal viewing and compatibility.
- If your browser is an older or out-dated version, there is a chance that it will not correctly load the website.
- You are watching a live HD broadcast, for optimal quality your internet connection should be capable of 10Mbps download speeds with a minimum of 1Mbps. Test your connection using speedtest.net.
- Mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and Android will work with the default web browser. *The NJCAA now also has apps for Android and iOS
- Device should be kept up to date and connected to a reliable data connection for optimal playback.
Watching Webcasts on your Television Set
- Many of our client's PPV content is available on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV (4th Generation) and Roku.
- Apple users and owners of an AppleTV device can simply 'throw' the webcast from their iPhone or iPad using the 'AirPlay' feature. See How to use AirPlay for more information.
- Computer users can output their display directly to an HDMI signal if supported, otherwise a converter may be required.
- These options may require advance setup and we suggest using an 'On Demand' archive to test prior to watching a live event.
Other Helpful Links
View the link to our Viewer and Fan Support section if you need further help: https://blueframetechnology.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/35000129683