Creating and managing broadcast have never been easier, with the vcloud system. In this article, we will go over how to create a broadcast on our Vcloud system.
1. After logging in you will be displayed the dashboard. On this page, you will want to find the media section and hit broadcasts.
2. This page will show you all of your broadcast. To create a new one, we will hit 'operations' in the top left, and then 'create Broadcast'.
3. This form give us the information for your broadcast. You will want to fill in what section it is, give it a title, and then tell us what time it will be. (If you are not in the Eastern time zone, please make sure to select the correct time)
*All broadcasts are required to have a section, Title, time, and contact information. These are the only required sections needed, other than your contact information which should auto-fill for you. If you don't need to edit any of the advanced options for a broadcast, go to the bottom of the page and click CREATE.
1. Site sharing
- If you are streaming a game for example, and are playing another school that also uses production truck, you can share your broadcast with them, so that it will show up on that schools also
2. Backup mode
- Backup mode allows our team to make a backup broadcast, but you can also use this to embed a video, through iframe embed. This is a good way for you to get a stream that you might be streaming from I.e. Youtube to your channel.
- Syndication is a great way to push your information to multiple places, along with streaming through BlueFrame. With an RTMP Push, you are able to do just that. In the example below, we have it filled out so that your stream will be sent to both Facebook and YouTube, as well as to BlueFrame.
4. Alternate Source
- Alternate source allows you to stream from a third party software or hardware setup. Simply choose RTMP from the ALT Source drop down and go to the Broadcast Details page to retrieve your RTMP URL and Stream Key.
- If you have a set of broadcast that you would like to group together, playlists are a great way to do that. Once you have a playlist created, you can select it while creating your broadcast, and have it show up in that specific playlist
- If you need to upload a broadcast you can do that in this section. You will change the status from scheduled to archived, and then upload your MP4 file.
- This section is also where you can put in a custom message for your viewers when your stream is not available
- Plans gives you the ability to change your stream from audio and video, to just an audio only broadcast.
- This section is also where you can go to change the availability of the stream. If you would not like it to be available, or would like to make it available after a certain date, you can choose the different availabilities to hide or show your broadcast in different ways.
- General allows you to upload a Poster image, that displays for your broadcast and a splash image, for when you have down time in your broadcast
- This is also where you can upload unto a 5 second video called a network id, that will play when someone opens your broadcast
- This section allows you the ability to have viewers sign in before viewing content, and deciding if a school would like to allow downloading of certain broadcasts. This is also where Pay-Per-View can be turned on and configured.
Once you have filled in all information scroll to the bottom and hit create.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (855) 812-2740 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.