Information below will guide you in aspects of equipment, software and networking setup needed to run BlueFrame's official replay solution in conjunction with our BlueFrame Production Truck software and Remote Truck iOS app.
For an example on how Official Video Review operates and how to set it up, you can also check out the following video:
The official replay solution for up to 4 individual camera angles within Production Truck is a higher end feature that requires ample performance and bandwidth for usage. See our required equipment items and specs.
Computer (Production Truck)
Macbook Pro (15"+), iMac or Mac Mini
- 2018 or newer model year
- 2.0 GHz 4, 6, or 8-core processor (i5, i7, i9)
- 16GB or more of RAM
iPad (Remote Truck app)
iPad, iPad Air or iPad Pro
- Current generation (2018 or newer)
The session communication between the Remote Truck iPad app and Production Truck instance works over the same internet network using Bonjour discovery. Please see the following information to assist with best networking setup.
- Connection on an exclusive router or network for only the app and computer's use is best.
- MDNS & Bonjour discovery enabled
- On the same subnet of the network
- Open ports: 80, 443, 1935 and 8080
Remote Truck App and Production Truck Software Session Setup and Connection
- Install the Remote Truck app from the Apple App Store for iPad OS.
- Install the Production Truck (with Official Replay) software onto your Mac computer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a download link.
Joining Session Between Remote Truck and Replay Truck
For this session connection to work correctly on the same network please reference the Network Requirements section above.
- Launch Production Truck and Remote Truck.
- Navigate to the Connect section on the Remote Truck app.
Auto Discover Method
- Select the name of the Production Truck instance under the Production Truck Host section. (Production Truck name will show when app discovers it on the same network.)
- Enable the 'Replay' role for the Remote Truck app instance listed.
- Once Replay is enabled, the Remote Truck app will show a new section called 'Official Replay' in the side menu.
Manual IP Address Method
- In the Remote Truck app under the Connect section choose the Manual option at the top instead of Auto Discover.
- To find the IP address from Production Truck Replay instance, on the same network, navigate to the Replay menu in the software and select Replay Status (after enabling the Replay Server and cameras).
- This will open a web page that displays an IP address in the address bar. Additionally if cameras are connected you would see listed camera feeds coming across the server.
- Enter your IP Address into the Remote Truck's Manual Production Truck IP Address field and click Connect:
Enabling Replay Server and Sending Camera Angles to Remote Truck
Once the Remote Truck and Production Truck session is connected and assigned, the replay server and cameras will need to be enabled to feed to the Remote Truck app.
- Navigate to the Replay tab of the Settings/Preferences menu in Production Truck. Then enable 'Replay Server/ISO Record'. This will start the replay server allowing designated cameras to populate to the app.
- Enable the individual camera sources wanted for capturing replay and sending to Remote Truck app.
- Lastly, verify the camera angles are populating within the Remote Truck app. If not showing please use the 'Refresh' button on the app to trigger camera angles to populate again.
Adding a Picture-in-Picture Camera
A picture-in-picture camera can be added to Official Video Review. This can be an additional camera or can even be a fifth camera outside of the standard four within Production Truck.
Within Production Truck, navigate to your Preferences, under the Audio/Video tab, select Camera PiP, and then select the camera from the dropdown you wish to utilize.
This camera will then populate the PiP area within the Official Video Review system on the iPad. Ensure that under the Replay tab, you select Enable PIP Replay Clock, we would recommend selecting Replay Status and ensure the PIP clock is showing up a camera within the Replay server.
If you want the PIP camera to be cropped, at the MacOS navigation bar select, Extras and PIP.
Select the correct camera from the dropdown, and you can then draw on the camera in order to crop out the scoreboard. In the below example we are drawing on an overlay, but it can be done with just the default camera view. Your new cropped camera view will appear within the Official Video Review on the iPad.
If you have any additional questions, contact our support team by calling (859)-215-7979 or clicking 'New Support Ticket' at the top of this page.